Supporting the Macmillan Coffee Morning 2014
October 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM
On Friday 26th September for the second year running Spencers took part in the world's biggest coffee morning as part of Macmillan Cancer Support's largest fundraising event.
Macmillan Cancer Support strives to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. One in three of us will get cancer, we are all affected by it and we can all help.
Last year over 154,000 people signed up to the event which raised a record £20 million, Macmillan are still yet to announce the grand total for 2014 but hopefully it will set a new record.
As always Spencers employees and their families were involved in a variety of activities including:
* Baking up fabulous cakes, muffins, cream teas - you name it and it was on offer on the day
* Rustling up drinks and treats for sale throughout the day
* Turning the Spencers café area into its very own coffee shop, serving up drinks and treats for sale throughout the day
* Staff brought friends and children in for the day with a show reel of Disney films on offer
* Luxury raffle during the lead up to the day with this year’s top prize being a top of the range Coffee Machine
* Organising competitions including guess the pet's owner
Whist the whole office was involved with raising an amazing £277; special thanks must go to the main organisers Linda Murray, Charlotte Banks, Lisa Morris and Lizzy Cardwell.
So please help support Macmillan and make an online donation.
Follow Spencers Solicitors's board Macmillan Cancer Support Coffee Morning on Pinterest.