January 26, 2018
Spencers Solicitors has been formally accredited by the UK’s leading brain injury charity, Headway (National Head Injuries Association). The charity, which supports brain injury survivors and their families, publishes the Headway Head Injury Solicitors Directory which assists people seeking the services of solicitors experienced in this area of law.
In order to be accredited, our expertise in the field of brain injury claims has been thoroughly assessed by the charity. We have also agreed to work within the Headway Personal Injury Lawyers Code of Conduct, meaning that clients who choose us can have confidence in the quality and expertise of our advice and service.
Specifically, by signing up to the Code of Conduct the Personal Injury Lawyers (and our employees) we:
- Recognise that service users/carers are often coping with extremely distressing circumstances and provide them with the respect and sensitivity required at such times.
- Keep themselves up to date with current law and undertake regular Headway training to help them fully understand the needs, issues and aspirations of service users/carers.
- Act in the best interests of the service users/carers and not make excessive or unnecessary charges.
- Do not claim to have specialist skills or experience, which they do not possess.
- Provide Headway service users/carers with a free initial consultation to answer any questions they may have, provide them with appropriate information about our firm and to allow you to make an informed choice.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of the service users/carers and not make approaches within the hospital setting, which might be interpreted as applying undue pressure on Headway service users/carers.