08000 93 00 94
Call us to discuss your claim
08000 93 00 94 Enquire Now
care home abuse

Find out how we can help

Care Home Abuse Claims

Placing a child, elderly or disabled relative under someone else's care is a crucial decision that may raise a certain level of anxiety. Most care, residential and nursing homes around the UK are comfortable, where every resident's special needs are met. However there are some cases where abuse takes place and innocent people are injured.

Abuse in a care home can occur in many different forms, whether physical, psychological or sexual.

It can be heartbreaking to find out that one of your family members has been a victim of abuse or injury whilst under the care of someone else.

If you feel that someone you know has been injured or the victim of care home abuse you may be able to pursue a civil compensation claim.

for no obligation advice.

Common Causes of Residential Care Claims

  • Falls due to lack of care by insufficient or unqualified staff
  • Malnutrition
  • Dehydration
  • Injuries from incorrect handling of the patient
  • Mistreated or abused by care staff
  • Medical errors or negligence

What to do if you suspect Abuse in a Care Home

If you suspect that a relative has been subjected to injury or abuse at a residential home, you should first and foremost raise the issue with the establishment and the police. The safety of the individual is paramount and you should take action immediately. We can then work with the police and social services, as their investigation can be used as evidence in a civil claim for compensation.

Making a Care Home Abuse Claim

We'll try to provide answers to any questions you may have and one of our lawyers will be able to give you immediate advice. We can also tell you about our no win no fee funding arrangements to ensure that you won't suffer financially by pursuing a claim.

Call us today on 08000 93 00 94 to discuss your situation with one of our advisors, or complete an Online Claim Enquiry and we'll call you back when convenient.

Where Next?

Enquire Online

Online Claim Enquiry

Complete an online claim enquiry and one of our team will contact you to assist, or you can call us on 08000 93 00 94.

Medical Negligence Claim

Medical Negligence Claim

We are fearlessly committed to achieving the best outcome in all negligence claims. Our experienced team of lawyers have helped thousands of people achieve the compensation they deserve.

Claims relating to the abuse of an elderly or disabled person will usually be taken against the company or person responsible for the care home. This may be the local authority, the private care organisation or even a charity. However each should have insurance in place to cover them in the event of a claim, so just because a residential home is ran by a charity shouldn’t prevent you from pursuing a claim following care home injury.

At Spencers Solicitors we have a team of caring legal experts who can help you through the difficult times when seeking compensation for all of the distress and heartache.

We want to help you with your care home compensation claim, and the first thing to do is contact us. You can call us on 08000 93 00 94 or send us an online enquiry.


Our Client Quality Rating
Spencers Personal Injury Solicitors Client Quality Rating
4.2 out of 5 from
What Next?
personal injury Claim Enquiry

Claim Enquiry

Send through the details of your personal injury claim and we'll do the rest

personal injury Compensation Lawyers

08000 93 00 94

Call an advisor to discuss the details of your personal injury claim


A list of Law Society personal injury solicitor panel members is viewable on our Regulation page.


Follow on Twitter Follow on Facebook Follow on Linkedin Follow on Google Email  

Spencers Solicitors
© 2016 Spencers Solicitors Limited trading as Spencers Solicitors. Registered in England and Wales No. 06059110. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (No. 00466097). This website uses cookies to store information on your device, please read our privacy policy for further details and on how to opt out. Sitemap.