Industrial Disease Claims
Industrial related diseases are often severe and can even be fatal. At Spencers we help victims and their families claim compensation which can help with medical bills and getting the best care.
for no obligation advice on making a claim.
Symptoms of Industrial related diseases can take months or even years to manifest, however all employers have a duty to ensure working environments are safe which includes mitigating any long term health risks. We have specialist teams who are here to help bring a compensation claim against the employer responsible and/or their insurance company.
Types of Industrial Disease Claims
- Asbestos Related DiseasesAsbestos Related Diseases can take various forms including Asbestosis, Mesothelioma, Asbestos related lung cancer and Pleural Thickening. These often serious conditions can take many years to manifest in the form of symptoms and can have a devastating impact on both the victim and their family.
- Turner and Newall Asbestos Claims
If a victim has been exposed to asbestos as a result of being associated with the Turner and Newall group, a special compensation trust is available to handle claims for employees and their families.
- Hand/Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome is a painful and potentially disabling condition that affects the blood vessels and nerves in the fingers. Typical symptoms include attacks of severe tingling/numbness in the fingers which can cause significant manual dexterity problems.
- Whole Body Vibration (WBV)Whole Body Vibration is a chronic condition caused by long term exposure to vibrations in working environments such as construction, mining or maritime. The most severe injuries are seen as a result of slamming events, include fractures to vertebrae and rupture of intervertebral discs.
- Industrial DermatitisIndustrial Dermatitis is an inflammation/irritation of the skin caused by contact with a hurtful agent or environmental factor. Typical materials that give rise to a risk of the condition include solvents, detergents and fuels.
- Noise Induced Hearing LossNoise Induced Hearing Loss (also known as industrial deafness or tinnitus) is a hearing disorder that is caused either by continued exposure to high intensity noise or a one off acoustic trauma. The condition is permanent and typically affects the higher frequencies of the hearing range.
- Occupational Respiratory DiseaseOccupational Respiratory Disease is collective term for a range of conditions caused by work related exposure to harmful substances such as dust and gasses. There are many types of work related respiratory conditions including Industrial Asthma, Silicosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Emphysema. Specific types of working operations such as grinding, drilling or polishing can materially increase the risk of developing one or more of these diseases.
Making an Industrial Disease Claim
We want to help you overcome the difficulties faced by making claim for industrial disease on your behalf.
Call us on 08000 93 00 94 to discuss your claim with one of our advisors, or if you prefer, complete an Online Claim Enquiry and we'll call you back. We will discuss your case with you and give you professional advice on whether we can assist you in making an industrial disease compensation claim.
Complete an online claim enquiry and one of our team will contact you to assist, or you can call us on 08000 93 00 94.
If you have had an accident that happened at, or because of, your work you can probably make a claim for compensation.