November 26, 2012
On the 27th November, John Spencer, Director of Spencers Solicitors, will be participating in a business litigation panel discussion looking at the impact of the upcoming Jackson reform, hosted by the Trust Mediation Advisory Council.
The Jackson reforms are proposals that effect how personal injury cases are funded from April 2013. Once implemented they will have a profound impact on the current "no win no fee" system as well as potentially wider access to justice for seriously injured people.
John will be sitting on the panel alongside other leading legal industry figures including members of MASS, APIL and FOIL. Namely David Marshall of Anthony Gold, Tony Goff of George Ide, Terry Renouf of Berrymans Lace Mawer, Craig Budsworth of Glaisyers, David Fisher of Axa, Rocco Pirozzolo, QBE.
The panel will discuss the impact that the Jackson reforms will have on businesses and claimants, with topics and questions including:
- * One way cost shifting – how will the dynamics of settlement be changed?
- * Damages based agreements – how can risk be assessed, monitored and managed?
- * More teeth for case management – will there be any real changes?
- * The role of legal expenses providers – will they need to be more "hands-on"?
- * Mediation will be more/less relevant in the new environment?
For more information on the Trust Mediation Advisory Council or the event, please visit www.trustmediation.org.uk/mediation-blog/