September 26, 2013
On Friday 27th September we are taking part in the world's biggest coffee morning as part of Macmillan Cancer Support's largest fundraising event.
Macmillan Cancer Support
strives to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. One in three of us will get cancer, we are all affected by it and we can all help.
In 2012 over 115,000 people signed up to the event which raised a record £15 million, enough to fund 280 Macmillan nurses, and hopefully in 2013 we'll be able set a new record.
Spencers employees and their families are enthusiastically getting involved in a variety of activities including:
* Baking up a storm of fabulous cakes, muffins, savoury bread - you name it and somebody is baking it!
* Rustling up drinks and treats for sale throughout the day
* Decorating the office with cake stands, coffee mugs and other luxury items
* Arranging various raffles during the lead up to the day
* Organising competitions including guess the number of jelly beans in the jar and name the baby competition
Other Chesterfield businesses have also kindly helped by donating cake trays (Jacksons the bakers) and paper bags (Moor Food).
Whist the whole office is getting involved; special thanks must go to the organisers Andrea Farmery, Linda Murray, Paula Swinhoe, Lee Foster, Gemma Agar and Susanne Baldwin.