September 25, 2015
On Friday 25th September, Spencers took part in the annual world's biggest coffee morning as part of the Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising event for the third year running.
As part of our ongoing fundraising campaign to aid MacMillan Cancer Support build their state-of-the-art Chesterfield based Cancer Centre, Spencers' employees (both past and present) and their families were involved in a variety of activities including:-
• Turning the Spencer's café area into its very own coffee shop, to serve up drinks and sell treats throughout the day
• Baked fabulous cakes and scones for delicious deskside cream teas
• Preparing a variety of special coffees, teas and hot chocolate drinks
• Staff brought friends and children in to take part in festivities and be entertained with a show reel of Disney films
• Created beautifully gift wrapped sweets for our younger guests and colleagues with a sweet tooth
• A luxury raffle in the lead up to the day, with the top prize being a bottle of champagne and £60 of vouchers for high street shops.
• Organising competitions including; 'Who’s the Baby' and 'Count the sweets to win the treats'
The Chesterfield Royal Macmillan Cancer Centre campaign needs to raise a total of £2.5 million towards the purpose built building which will provide access to treatment, care and support for people in our local community.
Our fundraising campaign so far this year has involved a variety of events from junior football coaching to our very own Doughnut Day helping us pledge £938 towards the Chesterfield appeal, and adding the £370 raised as part of the coffee morning event gives us the grand total of £1,308.
Whilst the whole office was involved in the coffee morning, special thanks must go to the main organisers Linda Murray and Lizzy Cardwell.
Please help support Macmillan by making an online donation and you can view more photos of the day on our Pinterest board.