Problems with your Pay

If you are not able to persuade your employer to pay the money owed, you have the right to take them to an Employment Tribunal or County Court.

Danielle Wright

Speak with us on 01246 266867

Call us today for a free no obligation consultation

Your employer might not be paying you all the money you are entitled to - a bonus or commission payment may not have been made, some money may have been deducted from your salary without your authority or your wages may be less than you were expecting. You might also be owed notice pay or holiday pay.

My employer owes me money. What can I do?

If you are not able to persuade your employer to pay the money owed, you have the right to take them to an Employment Tribunal or County Court.

Not paying your wages when they are due will usually be a breach of contract. If you continue not to be paid all you are owed then you will be entitled to take action. If you think your employer is in serious breach of your contract, you may have a case for constructive dismissal should you resign. You can find out more about constructive dismissal here.

You do not need to have left work to bring a claim for unpaid wages but the rules on what you can claim and how far your claim can backdated are complicated. The amount of time you have before you must issue your claim will differ depending on what you are claiming for, and whether your claim is in an Employment Tribunal or County Court.

Employment law has strict time limits. Good cases can be lost before they even start through hesitation or delay. In most cases you will have just three months from the date your employment ends to notify Acas of a potential claim for unfair dismissal. It is important you get in contact with us as soon as you possible so we can help before it is too late. Find out how we can help you with our fixed fee ACAS Early Conciliation service here.

Funding options for our advice

When obtaining problems with pay advice, there are a number of different funding methods available for our work. Our legal advisors are on hand to help with any queries regarding the various funding arrangements that are available.

Employment Law Solicitors

Our specialist employment team have expertise in all areas of employment law. These areas include Discrimination Claims, Contract Disputes and Settlement Agreements.

Claim Questionnaire

We are here to help

Speak with us on 08000 93 00 94

Email us at

Why Choose Spencers Solicitors?

At Spencers Solicitors, we are fearlessly committed to our clients and ensuring that their best interests are central to everything we do.

113 client testimonials

Funding your employment law claim

There are a number of different funding types in place which can be used to pay for the work we provide for employment law matters.

Read more

Our expert legal team are waiting to hear from you!

Spencers News & Blog

Read the latest news and insights from our solicitors

Lexcel Accreditation Logo
APIL Accreditation Logo
AvMA Accreditation Logo
East Midlands Chamber Accreditation Logo
Motor Accident Solicitors Society Accreditation Logo
Disability Confident Employer Accreditation Logo
Law Society Excellence Shortlist Accreditation Logo
CILEx Accreditation Logo