Few businesses can afford to be without a skilled and experienced member of staff for too long - not to mention the expense of sick pay, overtime or additional salaries paid for cover staff. Handling long and short terms absence is a major concern for all employers.
ENQUIRE ONLINE for no obligation advice regarding absence procedures.
How can absences be managed effectively?
We recognise that short-term absence - especially increased non attendance on Monday and Friday is extremely disruptive for your business, especially if you have limited resources. Equally, any absence can have a huge impact on those members of staff left to pick up the extra work. Long-term absence could be caused by a disability or underlying issue. Working with occupational health professionals, we can help with the practical adjustments you may be required to make to comply with the law.
As specialist HR professionals and employment lawyers we can help you address absences fairly and effectively by:
- Reviewing your options when you may doubt that an employee is genuinely unwell
- Establishing the cause of the ill-health and, where the absence is work related, what steps should be taken
- Investigating whether there is a relevant disability and what adjustments should be considered
- Clarifying employees entitlement to statutory and discretionary sick pay and holiday pay
- Aiding reintroduction of an employee who returns to work after long-term absence
- Providing information on how to decide if it is appropriate to dismiss the employee on ill health grounds
Professional HR Advice and Support
Better advice comes from better knowing you and your business. We invest the time to get to know what you do and how you work to be sure we deliver the best possible advice and results you need.
- With no "clock ticking" on fees, you can take your time to get to know us and explain the issues you need help with
- Your HR team and senior managers can also get to know us - without you worrying about any extra cost
- We take the time to talk through advice clearly, and assist you in the practical implementation of this
Keeping up to date with changes in employment law and Human Resources is difficult - especially when you have other competing demands like running your business. Getting the balance wrong can be time consuming and costly.
We know costs must be managed and unpredicted incidents are a burden. With a fixed annual fee spread over the year, it doesn't matter how often you contact us for advice and help.
We excel in employment law and HR, so we'll add our legal strength and excellence to your business. Our bespoke, fixed cost employment law and HR support package will be tailored to your needs and budget.
Complete HR Service Package
- A comprehensive preliminary review and update of your standard staff employment contracts, handbook, and policies and procedures to ensure they conform to the law and best practice.
- Proactive reviews and updates to make sure your practices are up-to-date.
- Unlimited access by email and telephone to advice and assistance from a specialist employment law solicitor or qualified HR professional.
- Advice, guidance and documents for all your day to day employment law issues including misconduct, poor performance, sickness and incapacity, standard redundancies, grievance and disciplinary issues.
- Regular emails and bulletins on employment law and HR as well as finding out about developments as soon as they break and how your business is affected.
- Free entry to our Spencers Employment Law and HR Briefings and training sessions, and free copies of all publications.
- 20% discount on our usual employment law and HR fees for any additional services.
Absence Management Support
Managing sick or disabled employees can be challenging from a practical perspective and can also present a wide range of legal issues including potential claims of unfair dismissal, discrimination, negligence or breach of contract.
Get in touch with us today on 01246 266662 or fill out our online enquiry form for help on any aspect of absence management and let us support you in making the right decisions for your business.