Care Home Abuse Claims

Placing a child, elderly or disabled relative under someone else's care can involve their families in having to make stressful decisions. Most care, residential and nursing homes around the UK are comfortable, where every resident's special needs are met. Sadly though, there are some cases where abuse of residents takes place. Abuse in a care home can occur in many different forms, whether physical, psychological or sexual.

Finding out that one of your family members has been a victim of abuse or injury whilst under the care of someone else, causes anger and distress. If you find out or believe that a family member has been injured or the victim of care home abuse, you may be able to pursue a civil compensation claim, on their behalf.

ENQUIRE ONLINE   for no obligation advice on making a care home abuse claim.

Common Causes of Residential Care Claims

  • Falls due to lack of care by insufficient or unqualified staff
  • Malnutrition
  • Dehydration
  • Injuries from incorrect handling of the patient
  • Mistreated or abused by care staff
  • Medical errors or negligence

What to do if you suspect Abuse in a Care Home

If you suspect that a relative has been subjected to injury or abuse at a residential home, you should first and foremost raise the issue with the establishment and, in the case of abuse, the police. The safety of the individual is paramount and you should take action immediately. We can then work with the police and social services, as their investigation can be used as evidence in a civil claim for compensation.

Making a Care Home Abuse Claim

Claims relating to the abuse of an elderly or disabled person will usually be taken against the company or person responsible for the care home. This may be the local authority, the private care organisation or even a charity. Each type of establishment should have insurance in place to cover them in the event of a claim, so just because a residential home is run by a charity shouldn't prevent you from pursuing a claim following care home injury.

We'll be able to provide answers to any questions you may have and one of our lawyers will be able to give you immediate advice. We can also advise you about our no win no fee funding arrangements to ensure that you won't suffer financially by pursuing a claim.

Call us today on 08000 93 00 94 to discuss your situation with one of our advisors, or complete an Online Claim Enquiry and we'll call you back when it is convenient to you.

Personal Injury Accident Guides

Our legal team at Spencers Solicitors are experienced in all types of personal injury claims, from road traffic accidents to workplace injuries. Please read through our bespoke "accident guides" which will help you understand and navigate through the injury claims process.

View Accident Guides

Contact Us Today

Our offices are conveniently located near to Chesterfield town centre & fully equipped with onsite meeting facilities, disabled access and free parking.

  08000 93 00 94

  Drop into our offices

  Online Enquiry